AGM MINUTES OF MEETING

MINUTES OF GRIMSBY TRI AGM 18th SEPTEMBER 2016

1)       Apologies -Gavin and Gemma Key, Tracey Wilkinson

2)      Attendance-Gary Thomas, Sarah Cook, Alan Cook, Tim Moss, Paul Thompson, Andrew Bullimore, John Armstrong, Tom Sanigar, Hayley Salt, Carl Groves, Dave Rouse, Chris Marshall, Tony Ogden, Karen Hames, Charlie and Alison Boardman, Matt Clarke, Shane Burns, Paul Jackson, Sam Jensen-Martin and Tony Martin, Jonathan Fowler, Shaun Robinson, Clive Thornley.

3)      Matters Arising-none

4)      Chairman’s remarks-key points-Gary thanked members for their continued support and loyalty to the club. Successful year in terms of membership-42 current members, duathlons were well supported along with swimming at Havelock pool. Thanks to Alan and Sarah Cook for their support in organising the duathlon events. Gary proposed that Tom Sanigar take over as Chairman. Gary had approached Tom Sanigar before the meeting who agreed in principle to take over the chair/leadership as his enthusiasm and motivation for triathlon would allow the club to flourish.

5)      Treasurer’s report-Account balance as of 05.08.2016-£2080.57

Expenditure-BTA affiliation £105.00, CTC affiliation £50, £187.50 for end of duathlon social buffet at Click’em Inn (paid for by cash taken at duathlon races), £25.00 donated to charities Team George and £30 to Clickem Inn landlord’s charity.

Income-£420 from subscriptions (42 members), £43.90 spare cash from duathlon events. Club agreed to charge £2 per head next year for duathlons and donate £20 to Clickem Inn landlord.

6)      Swim Sessions-agreed that swimming will now take place 8-9pm at Havelock pool in conjunction with Cleethorpes Tri Club whose members will take precedent. Grimsby tri will reciprocate by allowing Clee tri members access to duathlon sessions.

7)      Duathlon Dates-to be confirmed in new year. Similar 3 weekly format-avoiding Croxby Crawl weeks to increase participation. Agreed to continue with Clickem routes as these are tried and tested. Shaun Robinson agreed to assist Tom Sanigar in setting out the course etc…in 2017.

8)      Group training sessions-members are welcome to attend run sessions with Laurie Bland-meet King George stadium 6pm Thursday evenings. Alternatively 6pm Weelsby woods car park 6pm every Friday. Tom Sanigar hosts a speed session from the Cleethorpes slipway every Wednesday. Turbo training sessions open to everyone will commence through the winter Tues and Thursday evenings 6.30pm at the old fire station Cromwell Rd, opposite auditorium.

9)      Election of club posts-Tom Sanigar elected chairman-proposed by Shaun Robinson and seconded by matt Clarke. Sarah Cook agreed to continue as secretary/treasurer. Proposed by Charlie Boardman and seconder-Alison Boardman. Alan cook stepped down from duathlon duties-Shaun Robinson/Tom Sanigar to take control. Gary will meet with Tom to go through the main responsibilities for running the club eg BTA affiliation, risk assessments, contacting local police etc

10)  AOB-Karen Hames is organising an off road duathlon social event-date to be confirmed. Karen will organise post Xmas get together sometime in February.

Chris Marshall proposed that the club has specific events that should be represented by the club-Tom Sanigar suggested the Steelman event-more details to follow.

Gary closed the meeting by applauding the friendly and open nature of the club and wished it every success for the future.

 

Advertisements

Posted on September 19, 2016, in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: