Annual General Meeting

Dear members,

The club’s AGM has been set for Friday 15th November-Millfields Hotel, Bargate, Grimsby-7.30pm start.

If you have any items for the agenda then these must be forwarded to me by Sunday 10th November please-my e-mail is gary-thomas1@hotmail.co.uk

Proposed agenda-

1) Matters Arising from previous meeting (see minutes below for your perusal)

2) Chairman’s report

3)  Treasurer’s report

4)  Election of club posts

Chairmans role to be relinquished, re-election of treasurer, quartermaster, general secretary

5) Duathlon events proposal

The kit that members ordered has arrived from champion systems-sorry for the delay but there was a slight communication issue that has now been resolved and will make re-ordering kit a lot quicker. The kit will be distributed at the AGM so please be prepared to pay for the items that you ordered on that night as these have been bought using club funds.

Look forward to seeing you all on the 15th-please support this meeting because there will be a serious item on the agenda that could affect the future direction of the club

Many Thanks

Gary Thomas

MINUTES OF AGM-GRIMSBY TRI CLUB-MILLFIELD’S HOTEL-9th NOVEMBER-2012

 

1)      Attendance-

Gary Thomas (Chairman), Sarah Cook (treasurer),David Reed, Alan Cook, Shaun Robinson, Tony Hopkins, Mike Duncalf, Tim Moss, Karen Hames, Alison Boardman, Charlie Boardman, Sylvia Moss, Olivia Thomas, Dave Regler, Gary Martin, Ady Atter, Richard Perry, Tony Ogden, Matt Clarke, Tracey Brown, Gary Howden, Pete Goy, John Cameron, Iain Chalmers

2)      Apologies-

Paul and Finley Thompson

3)      Last year’s minutes were checked and agreed by members that they were a true record of that meeting. No amendments required.

4)      Chairman’s remarks

Gary thanked all those members who had contributed their services to the club and helped out during the year-notably-

Tim Moss-setting out on duathlon nights, Dave Regler and Matt Clarke for their ICT expertise/web-site set up and ongoing maintenance, Sarah Cook for her contribution as treasurer, Alan Cook for deputising, Alison and Charlie Boardman, Tracey Brown and Karen Hames for the Louth Aquathlon Events and finally  Gary Martin for his ‘in vain’ efforts in trying to secure open water swimming at Covenham.

Gary thanked Havelock School for their continued offer of a swim session on a Monday evening which is now well attended by new members in particular and the Clickem Inn, Binbrook for their ‘kind’ hospitality and services in hosting the summer duathlon events.

The new web-site has been a good development-allowing members to subscribe/unsubscribe to the messages being posted and for new members to contact the club

Gary reported on the healthy membership that still exists with a pleasing cohort of new members arriving recently

Gary thanked all the members for their support at organised club events and representing the club at various levels and locations around the UK/World.

Gary highlighted some of the club’s astonishing record in ultra distance events with Sandy Walster joining the elite club by being crowned UK double ironman champion and representing GB in Germany. Karen Hames has qualified to represent GB in her age group in Turkey in 2013 and came runner up in the Lincolnshire Sports Personality of the Year Awards-veterans category. All the way through to Ady Atter who attended all the duathlon events and completed his first sprint triathlon at Brigg All great achievements in their own way.

5)      Gary Martin reported back on the Covenham open water swimming saga. These sessions will not take place despite completing all the necessary requirements requested by Anglian Water. Dave Reed asked if open water sessions were to be re-introduced but this was rejected by the chairman/members due to the health/safety risks. Iain Chalmers suggested members joining the local ‘water rats’ if they wanted open water swimming in Grimsby Docks. Gary suggested alternative sites-South Cave, Tattershall or Lincoln .

6)      Duathlon Dates-Gary to set dates in New Year so clashes with Wolds Vets Events are avoided. Gary proposed alternating some of the summer events with a new venue-Rothwell. Gary to check on viability of routes/contact Blacksmith Arms to see if they would accommodate the club and complete all necessary risk assessments/ gain necessary police permission. Members were in general agreement with this proposal.

Matt Clarke proposed 9th December for a winter off-road duathlon-Louth, London Road-details to follow-format would be a short run-bike-run. Gary to look into a similar event in/around Rothwell-details to be confirmed.

Aquathlon Events will still continue on a monthly basis at Louth Meridian Centre-dates to be confirmed by Alison and Charlie Boardman and posted on the web-site for members to try and support.

7)      Election of posts

Gary Thomas –re-elected Chairman

Sarah Cook-re-elected Treasurer

New post created-Dave Regler-General Secretary (main responsibilities-up dating web-site-improving communication with new and existing members through the web-site)

8)      Treasurer’s report

Sarah Cook produced an end of year financial report available for members to view. Opening balance of £1778.63-closing balance of £1929.83-as of 31.10.12

Sarah suggested the use of a receipt book because keeping track of membership payments and who paid what proved difficult this year. It was proposed that all members when paying should complete the form provided on the web-site so that a record of member’s details can be kept. Gary stressed that this was important for insurance purposes/BTA cover at club based events-emergency contact/medical details.

9)      Club Constitution

The constitution produced by Gary was accepted by the members and will form the basis of the clubs rules and procedures. Gary brought specific attention to non payment of subscriptions. Tony Ogden suggested that the word ‘expelled’ was rather harsh if an existing member did not pay subs within two months from the date of the AGM. Gary will amend this to allow for some leniency / consideration for existing members-who will be contacted by post to make them aware of the club’s position on non-payment.

10)  Annual Subscriptions were set at £15.00-and are due from the date of the AGM and up to 2 months hence-9th January 2013

11)  Club Kit-Gary has been in contact with pro-active sportswear in New Waltham –they  supply Jako cycling gear-sample pictures/prices to be forwarded to members as and when. This will allow members to order kit directly through them and cut out the quartermaster role and members not paying for kit.

12)  Meeting closed at 8.30 pm-Tim Moss thanked Gary on behalf of the club’s members for his efforts as Chairman over the last year.

Gary Thomas

13.11.12

Advertisements

Posted on November 3, 2013, in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink. 5 Comments.

  1. Hi Gary,

    Apologies, can’t make the meeting on Friday. A guy is leaving where I work and we’re going out for a Mexican!

    Regards T

  2. Hi Gary

    Unfortunately I’ve been unable to find any child care for this Friday.   I will pop in earlier to collect and pay for my kit. What time will you be there from. 

    Thanks Ady Atter

    Sent from Samsung Mobile

  3. Gary, Please accept my apologies for tonight. Teresa is out at book club and I’m on babysitting duty. Hope it goes well. Regards Dave

    >

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: